December 29

Teachers Pay Teachers

If you haven’t already visited this site I highly recommend it. Teachers pay Teachers is described as ‘An open marketplace for educators where teachers buy, sell and share original teaching resources’. Teachers and educators can set up an account and post products and digital files for others to buy.

Each user who sells an item receives a profit straight into their bank account.  The interface is easy to navigate, with many search options to help find what you need. Each item has a description, thumbnails so you can get some idea of what you are buying and a preview file. You can opt to make your product free too.

There are a lot of users on Teachers Pay Teachers who are making a small income through their site and many users are seeing the benefits in linking their TpT site with their blogs, twitter and Pinterest accounts too.

It’s great for finding colourful, useful classroom displays that other teachers have lovingly created when you simply don’t have time to construct them yourselves. And at only $2-$10 in price, its seems like such a bargain compared to paying four times that amount for commercially produced items. Not to mention feeling good that another teacher is receiving the payment. Those who work in the profession understand the lengths teachers go to with making and designing things for the classroom, so it’s nice to give something back to the educational community.

I hope to post a lot more items into my Teachers Pay Teachers store in 2013. Here are some of my items that are there already, with a link to TpT.

WALT and WILF - Cat and Dog Posters ‘Walt and Wilf’ Posters for Learning Intentions and Success Criteria  $2.00

Behavior TrainBehavior Train ‘Behaviour Train’ Classroom management system $4.00

Mr Edit and Friends - Editing Guide  ‘Mr Edit and Friends’  Posters to assist students with editing and proofreading $4.00

And here are some other great Teachers Pay Teachers stores!

‘Permanently Primary‘ by Sarah Kirby

‘From The Pond’ by an Australian teacher

‘Adrian Bruce’ by another fantastic Australian teacher and blogger

‘Fuglefun’ a great site for art resources.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Posted December 29, 2012 by missbeavis in category Uncategorized

2 thoughts on “Teachers Pay Teachers

1. missbeavis (Post author)

Hi Rose,

I can’t sell them as they aren’t images of birds that have copyright approval for resale. I am planning to redo them with approved images, just haven’t had time yet!
    I do love those bird puns though…