July 24

This Week’s Lessons

1. Staff Development Day usually results in foggy brains after being inundated with new information and resources, which are great but can be overwhelming after a holiday. Solution – If you present on SDD you finish the day feeling much lighter – you didn’t need to take in your own session!

2. Found a new quote to tell some of the older students who seem to grumble about anything and everything ‘You get what you get, and you don’t get upset’.

3. It is extremely exciting to be teaching the ‘Government’ unit of work when a federal election is being held in the middle of the term!

4.  I have developed a new term planner, two A4 pages that include the activities for each day in each session. Allows me to block out days where I know nothing will get taught (such as the athletics carnival) and allows me to visualise how many days, sessions, etc are available to teach everything I need. One copy  in the program,  one in the diary and one taped to the desk in the classroom!

5. Check your appointments. Preferably 3 times. Not checking resulted in an awkward late arrival at an important function. Unlike me to be tardy, must not happen again!

Tags: , , , ,

Posted July 24, 2010 by missbeavis in category Uncategorized